There is much talk around the natural health niche about the danger of genetically modified organisms in our food. They are also referred to and known as “GMOs.”
According to the Non GMO Project: GMOs (or “genetically modified organisms”) are organisms that have been created through the gene-splicing techniques of biotechnology (also called genetic engineering, or GE). This relatively new science allows DNA from one species to be injected into another species in a laboratory, creating combinations of plant, animal, bacteria, and viral genes that do not occur in nature or through traditional crossbreeding methods.
Over the past year, we have been learning a lot about GMOs, and the more we hear about them, the more we want to encourage you to avoid them at all cost.
Based on the studies that have been done in the past, they are a major detriment to our health in more ways than one, and experts say that over 80% of the food that is in the typical grocery store has GMOs in them, which leads finding high quality natural food is getting harder and harder.
Some of the past studies on GMOs have shown:
*GMOs increase the chance of getting a food allergy
*When eating GMOs bodily toxicity increases
*GMOs create negative effects to your digestive system
To ensure that you achieve your lean strong body goal in the shortest time possible, and do it safely, we recommend that you stay away from eating GMOs at all cost.
Ideally, to ensure that a product doesn’t have GMOs in it, you will have to look at the ingredient label and follow these specific guidelines.
The 4 Rules To Follow
1) Stay away from anything that has soy, because 99.9% of the soy that is produced in this country is genetically modified.
2) If you see an ingredient with anything that says “hydrogenated (fill in the blank)” do not eat this product. The genetic structure has been scientifically altered, and is something that your body does not recognize. (EG Skippy Peanut Butter)
3) Stay away from anything with artificial sweeteners, as this is legal poison. For example: Aspartame, Sucralose, Saccharine, Splenda.
4) High Fructose Corn Syrup is something you should stay away from at all cost, as it is another form of genetically modified sweetener that not only makes you fat, but more so messes with your hormones.
If the food has the Non-GMO Project Verified sticker on the label it is safe to eat, and has no traces of GMOs in the food.
Here is what the Non-GMO Project Verified sticker will look like
Dr Oz has also done a show in the past on the dangers of GMOs in our food. Click here to see the segment.
May We Suggest
Read More Articles
- Healthy Shopping List - Fat Burning Foods
- How Food and Calories are Processed In The Body [Infographic]
- The Main Reason Why Most People Don't Achieve Their Dream Body and How To Fix it!
- What Did You Eat For Breakfast Today?
- Fat Burning Recipe: Tuna With A Twist
- Yummy Post Workout Protein Shake Recipe